Essential Personalized Learning Institute
CCE’s Essential Personalized Learning team partners with educators to tailor the school experience for every student through the lens of our Five Principles—Competency-Based Learning, Flexible Learning, Student-Driven Learning, Dispositions for Learning, and Authentic Learning.
The Essential Personalized Learning Institute is a 3-day workshop facilitated by our highly-trained staff who will work with teachers and administrators to create an action plan to bring personalized learning practices to their school or district. Participants will explore our Five Principles, collaborate with like-minded educators from different schools and districts, and experience personalized learning pathways in a professional development setting. Participants will be awarded up to 16 PDPs.
Essential Personalized Learning Institute: Pathways to Excellence & Equity
August 7-9, 2017 at Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham in Dedham, MA
This institute is appropriate for leaders in education, including teachers, coaches, principals, and district leaders. We encourage teams of educators from the same school or district to attend together. Participants will select one of eight unique professional development pathways matched to their experience, interests, and goals for the institute. Below are brief descriptions of the eight pathways offered—participants will be asked to select their pathway after they have completed the registration process.
- Bold Leader: Approach change toward personalized learning (PL) practices in your school in a way that engages a variety of stakeholders for deep and sustainable impact. Suitable fit for school administrators and teacher-leaders.
- Audacious Educator: Explore ways to jump start high-quality student-centered, personalized learning in your classroom aimed at the developmental and academic needs of the whole child. Suitable fit for classroom teachers with minimal PL experience.
- Change Catalyst: Focus on learning about how to continue to push your own PL practices forward while inspiring other stakeholders in your school community to collaborate. Suitable fit for all school-based staff with moderate PL experience.
- Pathway Creator: Foster college and career readiness by personalizing the individual experience leveraging anytime/anywhere opportunities and work- and community-based learning. Suitable fit for all middle & high school stakeholders comfortable with the basics of PL.
- Structure Shaper: Envision how to break down barriers that inhibit innovation and develop structures,systems, and programs that support effective PL practices. Suitable fit for school administrators, district administrators, and other leaders.
- Leading from the Middle: Explore a collaborative approach to school change and focus on classroom-based instructional approaches to PL to use and share with your colleagues. Suitable fit for teacher-leaders, specialists, and instructional coaches.
- Equity Educator: Ensure that personalized learning practices reduce inequities, close achievement gaps, and further cultural relevancy so that every student is successful. Suitable fit for all stakeholders committed to equitable education.
- Competency Ed Changemaker: Explore school and classroom practices that promote flexible pacing, rigor, and competency-based grading and progression. Suitable fit for school and district educators interested in competency/proficiency education.
All participants will leave with an action plan about how they will use their roles to push forward PL within their respective school contexts, which all participants will share on the final afternoon of the institute.
Participants will participate in strong, protocol-led Professional Learning Communities with peers on the same pathway, leaving with new ideas for next steps, strategies to overcome common problems of practice, and a collaborative network.
Each participant will have the chance to choose an additional outcome, which s/he will attain through an Individual Exploration, using flex time throughout the institute for blended learning.
- Individual Rate: $399 each (1 participant)
- Group Rate: $299 each (2 to 9 participants from the same district, school, or organization)
(for groups of 10 or more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special rate)
Please visit http://www.holidayinndedham.com to book a room at the Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham.